Checking Out Library Materials
Checking Out, Renewing and Returning
Checking Out MaterialsLibrary materials other than reference may be checked out for two weeks. Items may be renewed up to three times if there are no holds or requests for those items.
Checkout Limits Per Library Card
- Books - 50
- DVDs - 10
- DVD Requests - 20
- CD or MP3 Audiobooks - 15
- CD or MP3 Audiobook Requests - 15
Renewing MaterialsYou have three options for renewing items:
- On location: Bring the item to the circulation desk at either library.
- By phone: The Automated Library Telephone Service is being reconfigured for our upgraded Koha catalog and is temporarily unavailable. Please check back for updates.
- Via the internet: Renew your items through the library catalog website. You will need your library card number and password.
- Detailed instructions for telephone and website renewal are available on the Renew Library Items page.
Materials can be returned inside either McKinney Public Library branch during open hours:
- Inside the Roy and Helen Hall Library: to the right of the circulation desk near the stairs
- Inside the John and Judy Gay Library: to the right of the circulation desk near the library entrance
- Outside the Roy and Helen Hall Library: on Kentucky Street (southbound, one way) on the west side of the building
- Outside the John and Judy Gay Library: adjacent to the building on the east side of the building
- Remote Site 1: Westgate Shopping Center - U.S. 75 & Virginia St.
- Remote Site 2: Legacy Bank - Hardin and Eldorado Pkwy.
Late FeesIf materials are returned late, a late fee of 25 cents per item per day will be assessed to the patron’s library card. Late fees may be paid at the circulation desk in the lobby of either library location. You may pay by cash, check, or credit card.
Locations, maps and hours