Notice of Fire Department Fee Changes
On September 17, 2013, the McKinney Fire Department adopted the following fee schedule for inspection, plan review and permits.
- Re-inspection fee - $50 first re-inspection, $100 per subsequent re-inspection.
- Inspection fees for which no fire fee was assessed, per hour - $100.00
For permits that are issued for work not associated with a Building Permit Number or new construction project, an Inspection Fee of $100 is assessed prior to any inspections being performed.
Plan Review Fees
- Plan review required by changes, additions or revisions to plans - $100
- Expedited plan review fee for fire alarm and fire sprinkler modifications not exceeding 20 total devices - $100
Expedited Plan Review
Small fire sprinkler and fire alarm modifications in which the total number of new, relocated or added devices / sprinkler heads does not exceed 20, shall be eligible for the expedited plan review process. Upon submission of the plans, the Fire Department will guarantee a 1-2 day turnaround for review of the submittal. If approved, the expedited plan review fee and permit fee shall be paid prior to the permit being released to the contractor.
- Any construction permit issued by the fire code official - $100
- Any annual operational permit issued by the fire code official - $100
No permit fees shall be assessed for the following permits:
- Tent Membrane Structures
- Model Rocket Use
- Low Explosives Use
Operational permits are those that are required to be renewed annually such as the Hazardous Materials or High-Piled Storage Permits.
View a complete listing of all Construction Permits and Operational Permits.
Before / After hours Inspection Fees
Before / After hours inspections shall be permitted at the discretion of the fire code official.
- Before / after hours inspections (minimum charge of 2 hours) - $50 per hour.