Juried Art Show
'Unique by Nature' Juried Art Show Reception and Awards Presentation
- April 1
- 7-10 p.m.
- McKinney Performing Arts Center
- Wine, hors d'oeuvre will be provided
- Located in the Gallery and Ruschhcaupt Hall
- April 1-22
Building a Permanent and Public Art Collection
Unique by Nature art show and exhibition was created to build a public and permanent art collection for MPAC. Artists from all over the state of Texas submit work for cash prizes totaling $10,500 and the chance to have their piece hung in our historic halls.
Cash and purchase prizes totaling $10,500 will be distributed as follows
- One large-scale work will be awarded a $8,000 Purchase Prize and will become part of MPAC’s permanent and public art collection. Eligible pieces must be 36″ or more in one dimension. To be considered for the Purchase Prize, artists must submit an online application. There is a $25 application fee to submit three works. All fees will be applied to prize pool and scholarships.-
- $2,500 in prize money will be divided among five works of art chosen by the judge including one Young Artist Award. Size restrictions apply. Artists interested in submitting work to be considered for the Cash Prize must deliver their submissions in person on Saturday, March 25. There is a $20 application fee to submit two works. All fees will be applied to prize pool and scholarships.
Forms and Information
- 2017 Purchase Prize submissions will be juried by a four-person panel. 10 semi-finalists will be selected in consideration for the Purchase Prize.
- Prize winners will be chosen by 2017 judge, Robert Jessup, Chair of the Department of Studio Art at UNT, College of Visual Arts & Design.
- ‘Unique by Nature’ is open to professional and emerging artists who are legal residents of the United States and at some point have been residents of Texas.
- Entrants must be at least 17 years of age by May 2017.
- Artists may price their work for sale during the exhibit. Sales will be handled by MPAC minus a 25% commission. All commissions collected by McKinney Performing Arts Center will be used to purchase additional artwork or to fund future competitions.
- Staff and volunteers will use care in handling the work; however, we are not responsible for losses or damages. Artists may consider insuring their work based on its value.
- Mar 23 – Notification of Finalists for Purchase Prize
- Mar 25 – Delivery of work
- Apr 1 – Awards Reception
- Apr 1-22 – Exhibition
- Apr 7-9 – Downtown McKinney’s Arts in Bloom – Spring Arts & Wine Festival
- Apr 23 – Retrieve work
Event sponsored by
- Emerson Technologies
- McKinney Community Development Corporation
Special thanks to:
- Don Day, DFA Limited
- Russell Tether Fine Arts Associates, LLC