Friends of McKinney Libraries
Who Are the Friends?
The Friends of McKinney Libraries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization whose mission is to support the library system and enrich the community by providing cultural and life-long learning opportunities.
Programs Sponsored by the Friends
- Read Across McKinney - The Friends are instrumental in planning this community project in which a book is chosen for the community to read and discuss. Past events included an author visit, a luncheon, and a play at the McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- Financial support for library materials and programs
- Children’s Summer Reading Program support
- Cultural and literary programs for adults
- September 18, 7 p.m.at JJGL: Friends Book Review: Gayle Brink reviews They Are All My Family, by John Riordan, about a daring rescue in the chaos of Saigon's fall in 1975.
- October 16, 7 p,m. at JJGL: Sharron Lucky reviews Thirteen Moons, by Charles Frazier, author of Cold Mountain. At the age of twelve, an orphan named Will Cooper is given a horse, a key, and a map and is sent on a journey through the uncharted wilderness of the Cherokee Nation.
- October 19, 2017, 11:30 a.m. Read Across McKinney 2017 Meet-the-Author Luncheon. Tickets $35, available at McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- October 19, 2017, 7 p.m. Read Across McKinney 2017 Free Lecture and Discussion at the Collin College Central Park Campus Conference Center. Books available for sale and author signing. More info
- December 18, 7 p.m. at JJGL: Jackie Payne reviews The Stories Behind the Greatest Hits of Christmas, by Ace Collins. Accompanying herself on the keyboard, professional reviewer Jackie Payne will get you in the mood to Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!
What Do the Friends Do?
- As an Active Friend, you can support the library by volunteering to plan projects or events.
- Or you can choose to be a Silent Partner who supports the group with a membership payment. Your membership supplies the extra funds our library needs to continue to be a valuable asset to our community.
- You can also show your support by purchasing a Friends Book Bag for $10. These are available at the library circulation desks.
- You can also support the library by sponsoring a major library event.
How Do I Join?
It's easy! Just print and fill out the membership application. Applications with envelopes are also available at the circulation desks at both libraries. Mail the completed form to the address below with your dues payment or return it in person to either McKinney library. You can also join online through Network for Good. The minimum online donation is $10.
|Membership Level||Membership Dues|
|Lifetime Family Friend||$350|
Friends of McKinney Libraries
101 E. Hunt St.
McKinney, TX 75069
Network for Good is the charity that processes your online donation and supports the convenience of online giving to the Friends. It relies on at least 5% added to each donation to ensure 100% of your donation is passed on to the Friends of McKinney Libraries.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org