Renew Library Materials
The Library now offers automatic renewal of items you’ve checked out:
- Items you’ve checked out will be renewed automatically (up to a maximum of three times) unless there’s a hold request on the item from another patron.
- You’ll be notified by email that the item was renewed automatically unless you’ve opted out of receiving this type of reminder notice. The email notification is part of the “almost overdue reminder” that arrives three days before an item is due.
- If you have need of more than three renewals, please call the Library at 972-547-7323.
Manual Renewal Options
There are three ways you can manually renew library materials:
- In person: bring the item(s) to the Circulation Desk at the Roy and Helen Hall Library or the John and Judy Gay Library.
- Through the library's catalog website (instructions below)
- Through the automated telephone service, DREW (instructions below)
Internet Renewal via the Library Catalog
- Go to the catalog's "My Account" page.
- Enter your library card number and password (sometimes called a PIN number).
- Under the “My Account” tab, choose “Items Out.”
- On the resulting list, place a check in the box of all items you want to renew, then click “Renew selected items.”
- OR simply click “Renew all items” if you want to renew everything.
- You will get a confirmation page as to which items were renewed. If an item is on hold for another patron, or if you have exceeded the maximum five renewals or have late fees, the item cannot be renewed.
Library Automated Telephone Service
The Automated Telephone Service (DREW) is available from 8 a.m. Monday through 10 p.m. Sunday.
- Call 972-542-5930 and follow the directions given by the computer-generated voice.
- When asked for your barcode, enter the entire 14-digit number on the back of your card, then press the # key.
- When asked for your password (sometimes called a PIN number), input it, then press the # key. If you do not know your password, please contact the library at 972-547-7323.
DREW will give you the following options:
- #1 - renew titles
- #2 - list items on loan
- #3 - list or cancel items being held (or "on request")
- #4 - state current fines
- # - repeat menu
- * - hang up
More About DREW
DREW stands for Dial, Renew, Enjoy Two More Weeks. Holds (also called requests) cannot be placed with DREW. DREW also makes house calls between 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. DREW will inform you if you have:
- Holds (requests) available
- Overdue materials
- Fines due
- Confirm a hold (request)
- Cancel a hold
- Renew items