The nameplate on the cast-iron threshold of this building is “Enquirer” because it once served as the home for John H. Bingham’s McKinney Enquirer. John Murray and T. E. Grissom launched the Enquirer in 1866. Captain John H. Bingham purchased the paper in 1867 and continued publishing it until 1898 when he shut it down. Mosher Manufacturing made the steel for the building.
The building stood vacant for several years, eventually providing space for an auto repair shop. Today the building has been spruced up and is home to a hair salon and spa.