The Lovejoy building was constructed in 1926. Lee Elliot was the contractor. The building was the home to J.C. Penney Company before J.C. Penney’s moved to the west side of the square. It then became the K. Wolens Store. The building was remodeled using a baked enamel metal storefront sometime in the 1950’s. Clyde’s Antique Store occupied the site for over a decade. Eventually the building was rehabilitated by removing the metal storefront and adding a more period-correct wood front.