Senior Citizen Resources
- Meals on Wheels are provided by Collin County Committee on Aging and are available to homebound individuals by calling 972-562-6996.
- Meals on Wheels are also delivered to the Senior Recreation Center. Meals are served at the Senior Recreation Center, Monday through Friday at 11 a.m. Advanced signup is required by calling 972-547-7491. $6 for ages 50 to 59 and a $5.50 suggested donation for ages 60+.
- Below are a few suggested agencies and contact reference pertaining to individuals 50 years of age and older.
- Administration on Aging
- Alzheimer's Association (McKinney)
- American Association of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
- Collin County Committee on Aging (CCCOA)
- Collin County Health Department
- Dental Hygiene Center (Collin College)
- Eldercare Locator
Description: To find services for an older person in his or her locality
- Lawyer Referral Service
- Legal Hotline for Older Texans
- McKinney Housing Authority For individuals with low to moderate income.
Ph 1-800-MEDICAR (633-4227)
- North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Social Security Administration
Description: assistance with monthly telephone bills for low income seniors
- Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- The National Council on the Aging (NCOA)
- The Senior Source
- Wellness Center for Older Adults