This building is the only example of Beaux Arts Classicism in McKinney. Beaux Arts style is characterized by the large, grandiose use of the classical orders. The building uses Corinthian columns and has an enriched entablature with eagles. The parapet is crowned with a gold-leafed eagle with flagpole.
The bank was originally housed for 43 years at 109 N. Kentucky St., on the opposite side of the square from this building. When this building was finished, the First national Bank moved here. The bank was founded in 1869 by Francis Emerson and remained in the family until it merged with Collin County National Bank in 1932. The Collin County Bank remained in the First National Bank Building until the bank constructed new facilities located at 222 N. Tennessee Street. Collin County National Bank became Texas American Bank and moved out of Downtown in the late 1990’s. Today, the building at 110 N. Tennessee Street serves as Home Accessories Store.