Permit and Inspection Fee Schedule
Notice of Fire Department Fee Changes
On January 2, 2018, the McKinney Fire Department adopted the following fee schedule for inspection, plan review and permits.
Permit fees are based on the value of the fire protection work for the following permit types. All submittals shall include the total installation and testing cost for the project / value of the installation. Permit fees will be determined and shall be paid at the time the permit is picked up and/or submitted to our office depending on the permit types.
Plan Review Fees
- Plan review required by changes, additions or revisions to plans - $100
- All plan reviews sent back for revisions (first, second, third, etc.) shall be required to pay the above fee before the re-submitted plans will be processed for review.
Expedited Plan Review
Small fire sprinkler and fire alarm modifications in which the total number of new, relocated or added devices / sprinkler heads does not exceed 20, shall be eligible for the expedited plan review process. Upon submission of the plans, the Fire Department will guarantee a 2-3 day turnaround for review of the submittal. If approved, the expedited plan review fee and permit fee shall be paid prior to the permit being released to the contractor. This is in addition to any other fees or permit costs.
- The expedited plan review fee is in addition the permit fee assessed.
- Plan review required by changes, additions or revisions to plans - $250
At this time, the expedited plan review process is on hold. We expect to be able to offer this service to our customers again in the near future, and will do what we can to review and permit modifications as quickly as possible.
- All operational permits listed in section 105.7 shall be assessed a minimum permit fee of $100 unless otherwise noted in Table 106.1.
- Applicable permit fees shall be doubled for any fire protection system in which the installation of the fire protection system has commenced without the issuance of a permit(s).
- Any construction permit issued by the fire code official - $100
- Any annual operational permit issued by the fire code official - $100
- Permit Fees FAQ
No permit fees shall be assessed for the following permits:
- Model Rocket Use
- Construction permits are those permits issued as part of a plan review such as a fire alarm, fire sprinkler or emergency generator.
- Operational permits are those that are required to be renewed annually such as the Hazardous Materials or High-Piled Storage Permits.
- View a complete listing of all Construction Permits and Operational Permits.
- See the full fee schedule for additional Permit Fees.
- Re-inspection fee - $50 first re-inspection, $100 per subsequent re-inspection.
- Fee of $100 will be assessed for any inspections in which the contractor does not show up.
- Fee of $100 will be assessed for any inspection that is not canceled within 24 hours prior to the scheduled inspection.
- For permits that are issued for work not associated with a Building Permit Number or new construction project, an Inspection Fee of $100 is assessed prior to any inspections being performed.
- See the full fee schedule for additional Inspection Fees.
Before / After hours Inspection Fees
Before / after hours inspections will be scheduled at the discretion of the fire code official.
- Before / after hours inspections (minimum charge of two hours) - Actual OT cost of assigned inspector.
- Inspections are performed from 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Inspections requested outside of those hours are considered before / after hours inspections. Before scheduling an inspection for which a fee would be assessed, please get approval from the Fire Marshal, Deputy Fire Marshal or Fire Prevention Captain. Administrative hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.