In an effort to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, the City of McKinney has adopted the following measures to protect our customers and employees.
Updated April 1, 2020
Building Inspections - Effective April 2, City of McKinney Inspectors will not enter existing homes to conduct inspections.
- When we receive an inspection request for an existing home we will contact the homeowner and provide the option to defer inspection to a later date.
- If the homeowner elects to have an inspection the contractor is required to be on site and use Face Time to conduct the inspection while the Inspector remains outside.
- Questions? Contact our office at 972‐547‐7400.
Updated March 23, 2020
- Our facility is closed to the public. Public computers are unavailable until further notice.
- Access the Citizen Self-Service (CSS) portal by private computer or smart device.
- If you do not have online access we will do our best to assist. Call 972-547-7400.
Suspended Boards and Commission Meetings – See COVID-19 Update March 16
- Applications and requests that require action by a board or commission will still be accepted, however, requests cannot move forward until boards and commission meetings resume. This includes: zonings, specific use permits, site plan variances, historic home markers, appeals, etc.
Planning Department Development Submittals
- Submittals of new PLAT applications will temporarily run on a modified schedule
- Every other Monday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Every other Monday
- All other planning-related submittals will continue to be accepted according to the normal schedule.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Find out more at McKinneyTexas.org/Planning
Other Development Submittals
- We will process all other development submittals and inspection requests as usual.
- Permit or plan applicants can still access the Citizen Self-Service portal from a computer or smart device to create a new account, apply for permits, make payments online, request inspections, create new development cases and view real-time data. Find out more at McKinneyTexas.org/CSS.
Plan Review Processing Times may be delayed
- As we balance operations with health concerns, there may be some delays in processing times. We appreciate your patience and understanding in any temporary delays that you encounter.
- For the latest updates visit McKinneyTexas.org/COVID-19
- For information about facility closures please visit McKinneyTexas.org/Closures
Development Services Division
The Development Services Division comprises four departments: Building Inspections, Code Compliance, Engineering, and Planning. Each department assists citizens and the development community through the many stages of development and construction — from zoning, to plan approvals, to permits, to inspections, to code enforcement. Each of the links below will help provide you with the information you need regarding development in McKinney.
Find the Resources you need to Develop in the City of McKinney
The City of McKinney’s Development Portal will help you navigate to helpful information, submittal checklists, applications, fee schedules, ordinance and code references, and other information from each department in the Development Services Division.
Learn More About Current Development Projects in McKinney
Are you interested in new projects that have been submitted to the Development Services Division such as a new residential subdivision or a new commercial construction project? We invite you to visit our Interactive Land Use Planning Map where you can retrieve information such as the project address, parcel ID and zoning. Then, you can use the address or parcel ID you collect to conduct detailed searches in CSS regarding open permits, plans and inspections at the location you specify.