Thank You for Participating!We have received a number of excellent suggestions from McKinney residents, and will release the name soon.
McKinney Parks and Recreation wants you to suggest a name for the city's newest park. The 16-acre park is located next to Sonntag Elementary School at 1849 Reagan Dr. The park includes a playground, splash pad and covered pavilion.
Submit a Name for McKinney's Newest Park
How It Works
- Names are considered from completed Municipal Facilities Name Submittal applications.
- The McKinney Parks and Recreation Advisory Board reviews the applications and makes a recommendation to City Council.
- City Council considers the recommendation and makes the final decision.
What Types of Names Will Be Considered?
- Outstanding and/or predominant geographical or physical features of the land including those naturally occurring and those manmade.
- Outstanding and/or predominant historical features of significance including names of early residents or citizens and/or events of significance to the area's development.
- In honor of community leaders or individuals living or deceased who have made significant contributions to the community based on excellence or duration of commitment.
- In honor of a deceased national and/or state historical leader and/or hero.
What Types of Names Will Not be Considered?
- City or county community leaders or individuals currently serving in an elected or appointed capacity.
- Individuals currently employed by the city or county.