Contracts & Procurement Transparency
Learn More About McKinney's Contracts & Procurement
The City of McKinney works to achieve quality service with vendors throughout the purchasing cycle and to provide transparency to the general public. As part of service excellence, the city strives to follow transparency protocols in the Transparency Stars Program as outlined by the State Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Contracts and Procurement Summary for FY2019
- Spending on procurement and contracting activities expressed as a total: $253,082,306
- Spending on procurement and contracting activities expressed per capita: $1,296
- Total number of publicly posted/advertised bidding and contracting opportunities: 42
- Total number of closed bids / solicitations or awarded contracts: 73
- Total dollar amount of bids received from invitations for bids or request for proposals: $108,526,686.94
- Total dollar amount awarded from contracts: $63,228,326.57
- LGC Chapter 252 : Purchasing and Contracting Authority of Municipalities
- LGC Chapter 271 : Purchasing and Contracting Authority of Municipalities, Counties, and Certain Other Local Governments
- GC Chapter 2254 : Professional and Consulting Services
- CG Chapter 2269 : Contracting and Delivery Procedures for Construction Projects
Our goal is to make doing business with us as easy and convenient as possible.
To reach suppliers and contractors and to assure the quality and economy desired, we offer an in-house electronic bidding and supplier-management system, eBid. This system enables us to improve our service to you by providing automatic bid notification and instant access to bid information via the web. Suppliers wishing to participate in the electronic bidding process may register their company for this free service.
Registration by vendors is encouraged to ensure access to current and upcoming opportunities.
- Current Bids
- Closed Bids
- Award Notices
- Active Contracts
- Open Contracting and Bidding Opportunities - Past 36 Months XLSX
- Closed Solicitations - Past 36 Months XLSX
Vendor Check Register (Checkbook)
- The checkbook reflects all payments processed through the city’s Accounts Payable division. The register includes check information, fund, department, payee, and description of purchase. Procurement credit card charges (PCard) reflect JPMorgan Chase Bank as the payee and the individual merchant who accepted the credit card in the description "1" field.