A Taste of Germany in Historic Downtown McKinney
McKinney Oktoberfest is a family favorite, offering authentic German music, food and drink, traditional costumes, dancing, children’s activities, and much more!
The “bier garden” covers a total of 14 blocks throughout McKinney’s Historic Downtown square so you can enjoy all downtown McKinney has to offer with a German beer in one hand and a bratwurst in the other. McKinney Main Street, supporting sponsors and the shops in Historic Downtown McKinney will host nonstop activities in the heart of our great city.
1. How much does it cost?
Admission to McKinney Oktoberfest is FREE to everyone! Some activities, such as the carnival and petting zoo, require coupons.
2. When is Oktoberfest?
- Friday, September 24, 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 25, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday, September 26, Noon to 5 p.m.
3. Where is it?
The festival address is 111 N. Tennessee St., in Historic Downtown McKinney
4. Is there free parking available?
Yes. Free parking is available in downtown lots and other locations as identified on the parking map.
5. Will there be free shuttle service?
Yes. Complimentary shuttle service is offered during the event. Festival-goers can park off-site at First McKinney Baptist Church, 1615 W. Louisiana St. and enjoy round-trip transportation. Shuttles depart every 15 minutes.
- Friday - 11 a.m. to Midnight
- Saturday - 10 a.m. to Midnight
- Sunday - 1 to 5 p.m.
6. Will there be a designated zone for Lyft or Uber?
Yes. The designated zone for drop-offs and pick-ups is the west side of Mitchell Park on Benge Street between Louisiana and Virginia.
7. Can I use D.A.S.H.?
No. McKinney D.A.S.H. will not be in operation for their normal hours during Oktoberfest.
8. Will there be food and drink available?
Yes. The backbone to any Bavarian celebration! Food and drinks are sold throughout the grounds. Festival coupons are required for purchase. Visitors are prohibited from bringing food and beverages onto the festival grounds. This includes, but is not limited to, bier and wine. All alcohol sales end 30 minutes before closing. Skip the Lines and buy Oktoberfest tickets ahead of time.
9. What are coupons and how do they work?
- Coupons come in $1 increments and are sold at locations throughout the festival grounds.
- Coupons can be purchased with cash or credit card.
- Use coupons for beverages and activities such as the petting zoo, carnival, rock climbing, face painting, and bounce houses require a coupon.
- Please note: Marktplatz vendors do not accept coupons - cash and credit card only.
10. Is there a way to purchase coupons ahead of time?
- You can purchase advance tickets beginning September 10.
- Advance tickets will also be available at the McKinney Market Street store, 6100 W. Eldorado Pkwy, during the weekends leading up to the event. Purchase tickets online.
11. What is the policy for re-entry?
Since there is no fee for admission, you can come and go at any time with no fee for re-entry.
12. What are the Meet the Brewmaster Events?
Meet the Brewmaster events are your chance to learn more about the beer featured at Oktoberfest from the Brewmasters themselves. Brewmasters from Tupps will be on hand to tell their story and share insight on their beer-making techniques. These sessions are free to attend but are limited to the first 30 people who register online. Participants must be at least 21 years old to attend.
13. Can I bring my own chair?
No. Seating is provided in stage entertainment areas as well as around the square proper. Personal seating (such as bag chairs) is not allowed on the festival grounds.
14. Are there things to do with my kids?
Yes! McKinney Oktoberfest is designed with families in mind – hosting a variety of kid-friendly activities like a petting zoo, face painting, Perot Museum Tech Truck, Play Street Museum, arts and crafts activities, panning for crystals, and a carnival featuring amusements geared toward younger riders. Youngsters (and Mom and Dad!) can learn to ‘chicken dance’ with two stages full of live German music and costumed dancers scheduled throughout the weekend.
15. Will there be souvenirs?
Yes. Visit one of the souvenir tents located on Tennessee St. on the square and get a limited edition t-shirt for $15. Also available is the official distinctive McKinney Oktoberfest MassKrug (liter stein)! This limited edition acrylic stein is sure to become a collector’s item and is yours for only 10 tickets ($10) (Stein Special: 20 tickets ($20) for a stein and a 32 oz fill. FYI: Steins can be refilled for 6 tickets for a 16 oz refill or 12 tickets for a 32 oz refill.) Steins are available at the beverage booths.
16. Is there a dress code?
Yes. Shirts, shoes and smiles are required attire for festival patrons. Dirndls, lederhosen and silly hats are encouraged.
17. What happens if it rains?
Oktoberfest continues rain or shine, and no rain dates are scheduled. This is an outdoor event in Texas during September; weather changes rapidly so be prepared and plan accordingly.
18. Is the festival accessible for people with disabilities?
The festival grounds are wheelchair accessible, but please be aware that this is a large venue with great distances between stages and event areas. Accessible port-o-lets are available at the ends of each row of restrooms throughout the event venue. Accessible restrooms are located inside MPAC, 111 N. Tennessee Street, in the middle of the square.
Limited ADA parking is available near the festival grounds in any of the City of McKinney’s free parking lots and is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Service Animals
Persons with disabilities and their service animals that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for those persons with disabilities are welcome at McKinney Oktoberfest, as are those training service animals. If you have a disability and require accommodation at this kiosk, please alert the attendant. Requests will be addressed as reasonably and quickly as possible.
Learn more about the City of McKinney's ADA accessibility compliance.
19. Are pets allowed?
Pets are allowed, however, they must be on a leash at all times. The City of McKinney requires pet owners to clean up after their pets – we greatly appreciate your cooperation.
20. Will there be First Aid available?
Yes. City of McKinney EMTs are on duty on the festival grounds at all times. The First Aid Station location is in the basement gallery of the McKinney Performing Arts Center and is designated on the map.
21. Is there a plan if parents and children get separated?
Yes. We have set up a Found Children / Lost Parents in the basement gallery of the McKinney Performing Arts Center.
22. Will there be ATMs?
Yes. ATMs are located at MPAC, credit cards are accepted at all vendors and tickets booths.
23. Will there be restrooms available?
Yes. There are several restroom locations within the festival grounds and in the basement of the McKinney Performing Arts Center. These locations are identified on the site map.
22. What other important information should I know?
- In the interest of public safety, please help us by not bringing coolers, large bags, backpacks, food, drinks, contraband, weapons, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, laser pointers, aerial drones or frisbees.
- Unauthorized sales, solicitations and distributions are prohibited.
- Persons entering the site may be subject to search for any prohibited items. McKinney Oktoberfest reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person violating the facility, local, state or federal laws or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly or offensive by festival management.
- Persons entering the Oktoberfest site grant McKinney Main Street and the City of McKinney permission to use his or her name and likeness for any event-related publicity or advertising purposes.
If you're interested in becoming a vendor, please visit our Vendor Information page.
McKinney Oktoberfest could not happen without our wonderful volunteers (Freiwillige!). For more info please visit our Volunteer page.
Lost and Found
The basement gallery of the McKinney Performing Arts Center serves as the festival’s Lost and Found location. Lost and Found items are kept there until the festival closes on Sunday night. After the festival ends, please call 972-547-2683 to inquire about lost and found items.
McKinney Oktoberfest is organized by the City of McKinney – McKinney Main Street.
If you would like to follow McKinney Main Street and McKinney Oktoberfest on social media, please click on the icons below.
111 N. Tennessee Street
Email McKinney Oktoberfest