Learn About Available Grants
- Arts Commission Grants
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Community Support Grant
- McKinney Community Development Corporation Grants
- Visit McKinney - McKinney Convention and Visitor's Bureau
Consolidated Grants Application Process - CDBG and Community Support Grant Applications:
The Application Portal will go LIVE February 26, 2021
The City of McKinney is the recipient of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds used to address a range of housing and community development activities. Eligible organizations are encouraged to apply for funding. Funds must be used to benefit McKinney residents and meet at least one CDBG national objective:
- Benefit to low and moderate income persons
- Eliminate slum and blight
- Address an urgent need.
Projects and activities must also meet eligibility requirements as defined by HUD and the city’s Consolidated Plan.
Community Support Grant (CSG). The emphasis under the CSG is toward agencies that provide public services, programs or activities under specific priorities. Funds are allocated from the city of McKinney’s General Fund.
City Council lists priorities as follows:
- Basic Needs: including food and clothing, housing and shelter, and non-financial assistance
- Health and medical treatment: including mental health
- Housing: Financial Assistance
- Transportation: the sole service being provided
Next Steps: Apply for CDBG & CSG funding through ZoomGrants for FY 2021-2022
- View the Pre-Application Materials: Presentation
- To apply, select the "Apply via ZoomGrants" button below. First time applicants must register.
- For any questions or technical assistance, please contact the city at email Consolidated Grants
Applications accepted through ZoomGrants: Feb 26, 2021- April 9, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST.
- The City of McKinney is not responsible for incomplete or missing applications. Last day for technical assistance is April 8, 2021 at 4 p.m.
- All consolidated grants requests are competitive and proposed funding requests are recommended by the Community Grants Advisory Commission and approved by City Council. Public hearings will be scheduled at this time on May 12 and May 13.
The online grant application portal will go live on Feb 26. Technical instructions will be available at that time.
Technical assistance is also available via phone, email, or in person by appointment.