Learn About Available Grants
- Arts Commission Grants
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Community Support Grant
- McKinney Community Development Corporation Grants
- Visit McKinney - McKinney Convention and Visitor's Bureau
CDBG and Community Support Grant Applications: Feb 28 - April 10
The City of McKinney is the recipient of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds used to address a range of housing and community development activities. The city anticipates receiving its 2020-2021 allocation announcement from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in Feb. for use effective Oct 1, 2020 through Sep 30, 2021.
Eligible organizations are encouraged to apply for funding. Funds must be used to benefit McKinney residents and meet at least one CDBG national objective:
- Benefit to low and moderate income persons
- Eliminate slum and blight
- Address an urgent need.
Projects and activities must also meet eligibility requirements as defined by HUD and the city’s Consolidated Plan.
Community Support Grant (CSG). The emphasis under the CSG is toward agencies that provide public services, programs or activities under specific priorities. Funds are allocated from the city of McKinney’s General Fund.
City Council lists priorities as follows:
- Basic Needs: including food and clothing, housing and shelter, and non-financial assistance;
- Health and medical treatment: including mental health
- Housing: Financial Assistance
- Transportation: the sole service being provided.
Pre-application Information for 2020-2021 Consolidated Grant Funding
A maximum of two separate requests, per program may be submitted under each applicant.
*Persons, groups or organizations with intent or interest to pursue grant funds may attend the 2020-2021 Consolidated Grant Pre-Application meeting. Attendance is strongly encouraged but not required.
For any questions please contact the city at email Consolidated Grants
Apply for CDBG & Community Support Grants through ZoomGrants
Applications accepted through ZoomGrants: Feb 28 - April 10
- The City of McKinney is not responsible for incomplete or missing applications.
- All consolidated grants requests are competitive and proposed funding requests are recommended by the Community Grants Advisory Commission and approved by City Council.
The online grant application portal will go live on Feb 28. Technical instructions will be available at that time.
Technical assistance is also available via phone, email, or in person by appointment from March 2 - April 9.