City Council Election Candidates
Election Candidates for the May 4, 2019 General Election
On May 4, 2019, voters will elect representatives for one At Large seat plus the District 2 and the District 4 seats.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- March 7 - Personal Financial Statements due (must be received by 5 p.m.) Location: Office of the City Secretary – McKinney City Hall.
- March 29 - Candidate Orientation (begins at 8:30 a.m.) Location: 2nd Floor Conference Room – McKinney City Hall.
- April 4 - Due date for filing first report of campaign contributions and expenditures (must be received in the City Secretary’s office by 5 p.m.)
- April 4 - Last day to register to vote or transfer voter registration in a new precinct, not in the same county and territory for May 4th election.
- April 22 - First Day for early voting by personal appearance.
- April 26 - Due date for filing the second report of campaign contributions and expenditures (must be received in the City Secretary’s office by 5 p.m.)
- April 30 - Last Day for early voting by personal appearance.
- May 4 Election Day - Polls open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. – Unofficial tabulation of results will be posted on the city website immediately following the counting process.
- May 13, 14 or 15* - Official canvass of election.
- June 4 - Oaths of office for new Council members (if no runoff is needed).
- May 2 - June 1 & June 3, 4 - Early Voting for Run-off Election (if needed).
- June 8 - Run-Off Election (if needed).
Asterisk (*) Indicates Tentative Schedule – Subject to confirmation.