COVID-19 Operational Update
All members ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when entering the facility and upon check-in. Masks are optional while exercising or playing basketball and are not required for swimming. For more information, visit the COVID-19 page.
Water aerobics classes available: Members must reserve their spot for water aerobics classes. Class sizes are limited to 9 members per class.
- Class registration opens 48 hours prior to class start time on the Spivi App Class Scheduler.
- Preview the classes below or view the schedule in GoogleDocs
- Stay fit with your favorite instructors, check out the full workout playlist!
- Follow us on Facebook for updates.
- For information about other city facility closings, please visit McKinneyTexas.org/Closures
Apex Centre Water Aerobics Class Descriptions
- Cardio H2O: A low-impact high-intensity shallow water workout, designed to increase your heart rate and keep you moving. (All levels)
- Aqua Fit: A Shallow-water workout designed to build strength, tone muscles, and increase endurance. (All levels)
- Aqua Yoga: A gentle yoga class which is taught in approximately chest-deep water. This class utilizes the water, the pool wall, and pool noodles to provide feedback and support for a unique yoga practice. Both beginners and experienced yoga practitioners can gain from this modality that combines challenge and comfort. (All levels)
- Aqua Zumba®: blends the Zumba® philosophy with water resistance, for one pool party you shouldn’t miss! There is less impact on your joints during an Aqua Zumba® class so you can really let loose. Water creates natural resistance, which means every step is more challenging and helps tone your muscles.
- Boga: A water workout utilizing traditional yoga and Pilates moves along with some traditional workouts like burpees, pushups and sit-ups, but on a special BOGA Fitmat. Achieve a core-body workout by practicing controlled instability. Each participant is responsible for setting up their BOGA board before class. Please arrive early to set up your board. If you wear a swim suit, it is recommended that you also wear thigh length shorts. (All levels)
- Deep-Water Aerobics: A low-impact cardio conditioning workout. This class will help you improve muscle tone and balance, giving you a full body workout. Flotation devices are provided. (All levels). Classes are capped at 16 for 2 lanes and 24 for 3 lanes (see schedule for each capped class). Capped classes are first come first serve. Come early.
- River H20: A water workout using our current channel to build strength, core stability, and endurance. (All levels)