COVID-19 Operation Changes
In an effort to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, the City of McKinney has adopted the following measures to protect our customers and employees.
Effective July 1: To comply with the Mayoral Declaration 06/29/2020 all visitors ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when visiting indoor facilities.
Development Services Building is Open to the Public.
Customers are encouraged to interact with us remotely.
- Public computers are unavailable until further notice.
- Access the Citizen Self-Service (CSS) portal by private computer or smart device.
- If you do not have online access, we will do our best to assist. Call 972-547-7400.
- No more than 10 people are allowed in a public use area at any one time.
- Distance yourself at least 6 feet away from other individuals and stay behind the blue lines.
- You will be asked to call, submit online or return at another time if the maximum occupancy is reached or if you exhibit symptoms of being physically ill.
Building Inspections - Effective April 2, City of McKinney Inspectors will not enter existing homes to conduct inspections.
- When we receive an inspection request for an existing home we will contact the homeowner and provide the option to defer inspection to a later date.
- If the homeowner elects to have an inspection the contractor is required to be on site and use Face Time to conduct the inspection while the Inspector remains outside.
- Questions? Contact our office at 972‐547‐7400.
City Council adopted the 2018 ICC building, electrical, fuel gas, energy, plumbing and residential codes as well as the 2017 NEC and NCTCOG amendments. The enforcement date is January 7, 2020. Find key changes to each code below by going to the 2018 Code Adoption page.
To be in compliance with HB 2439, City Council has adopted a new procedure.
HB 853 Fee Changes
To be in compliance with HB 852, City Council has approved fee changes for single-family dwelling permits.
Re-roofing Requirements - Hail Storm Guides
- The new Energy Code Compliance Effective September 1, 2016
- Barrier-Free Ramp - TXDOT Notice PDF and picture PDF
- Residential Roof Permits PDF are required effective March 15, 2015
- Notice PDF of ETJ Safety Codes Announcement
- Residential New Home Check List PDF - Updated March 1, 2017
- Builder’s Notice - Residential Plan Review - Effective August 15, 2017 PDF