Building Inspections - Effective April 2, City of McKinney Inspectors will not enter existing homes to conduct inspections.
- When we receive an inspection request for an existing home we will contact the homeowner and provide the option to defer inspection to a later date.
- If the homeowner elects to have an inspection the contractor is required to be on site and use Face Time to conduct the inspection while the Inspector remains outside.
- Questions? Contact our office at 972‐547‐7400.
City Council adopted the 2018 ICC building, electrical, fuel gas, energy, plumbing and residential codes as well as the 2017 NEC and NCTCOG amendments. The enforcement date is January 7, 2020. Find key changes to each code below by going to the 2018 Code Adoption page.
Winter Storm Declaration
To be in compliance with HB 2439, City Council has adopted a new procedure.
HB 853 Fee Changes
To be in compliance with HB 852, City Council has approved fee changes for single-family dwelling permits.
Re-roofing Requirements - Hail Storm Guides
- The new Energy Code Compliance Form - PDF | Effective September 1, 2016
- Barrier-Free Ramp - TXDOT Notice PDF and picture PDF
- Residential Roof Permits - PDF | Required effective March 15, 2015
- Notice of ETJ Safety Codes Announcement - PDF
- Residential New Home Check List - PDF | Updated March 1, 2017
- Builder’s Notice - Residential Plan Review - PDF | Effective August 15, 2017