Summer Reading 2021
Welcome to Wild Adventures!
The 2021 Summer Reading Program runs June 3 through August 14
- Wild Adventures includes reading challenges, programs, and events for all ages at both the Roy & Helen Hall Library and the John & Judy Gay Library.
- The final day to log minutes is Saturday, August 14.
- Depending on location, some in-person events are open without registration, but many do require registration. Other virtual events require using a Zoom link. The library's online calendar lists all specific registration information.
- Check out our Program Guide.
Log your Reading Minutes and Record Activity Challenges through Beanstack
- Use the Beanstack web version or get the Beanstack app for smart phone or tablet from the App Store (Apple iOS products) or the Google Play Store (Android products).
- If you’ve used Beanstack in the past, log on under “already have an account,” or create a new account and register as an individual / family, or as a group
- Click on “Challenges” to enter. You need to read 600 minutes by August 14 to complete the challenge. Parents can read to their children.
- You earn badges to be placed in a drawing at the end of summer. Registering for the Summer Reading Program earns 1 badge, completing 300 minutes earns a second, and completing 600 minutes earns a third.
- You can earn more badges by completing extra challenges or reading an additional 600 minutes.
Don't Miss Out! Register in Advance
- Many events take place in-person at the libraries, but some are conducted virtually via Zoom. See our online calendar for which programs are virtual and their Zoom links.
- In-house programs may require registration due to limited seating. The online calendar will direct you to those program's registration pages.
- The McKinney Public Library System’s programs and events are free but space is limited. Free tickets are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Due to high demand:
- Ticketed events are intended for individuals and families only. Limit of five attendees per registration on ticketed events.
- Organized groups and businesses must first email the library or call 972-547-7323 about the possibility of special arrangements. The library will cancel reservations that have not been approved under these guidelines. Organized groups and businesses are welcome to attend non-ticketed events without prior approval.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the program. If you have not checked in by the time the event begins, your ticket may be given to someone on the standby list. At the presenter’s discretion, latecomers may not be allowed entrance to the program.