Residential Waste Services
Long Wait Times for Waste Connections Phone Calls
Waste Connections McKinney is experiencing high call volumes. Their Dallas facility has had a power outage caused by last weekend's storms, and Dallas calls are being answered by the McKinney facility.
This has temporarily resulted in long wait times for McKinney callers. There is no firm resolution date, but the issue is actively being worked and we will keep you informed. As an alternative to reaching Waste Connections, you can call the City of McKinney's Solid Waste Department at 972-547-7385 and your request will be relayed to Waste Connections.
Your Service Includes
Service includes once-a-week fully automated collection service for residential solid waste and recyclables. Each single-family household is provided with one 95-gallon container for trash and one 65-gallon container for recyclables.
Go to blue bars below for more information.
- Have your container(s) curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- Place container(s) at least 3 feet apart; includes mailboxes, utility meters, poles, fences, etc.
- All trash must be inside the container! Items outside the container will not be collected.
- The front of the container (side with the serial number) should be facing the street.
- All contents should be bagged with the container lid closed to prevent spillage.
- An overloaded container will result in non-collection.
Solid waste collection will not be provided on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on a weekday, that collection day and all those following will roll over to the next day of the week. Days prior to a holiday will not be affected.
- Monday moves to Tuesday
- Tuesday to Wednesday
- Wednesday to Thursday
- Thursday to Friday
- Friday to Saturday
Contact Waste Connections at 469-452-8000 for questions concerning the holiday collection schedule.