Friends of McKinney Libraries
Who Are the Friends?
The Friends of McKinney Libraries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization whose mission is to support the library system and enrich the community by providing cultural and life-long learning opportunities.
Programs Sponsored by the Friends
- Read Across McKinney - The Friends are instrumental in planning this community project in which a book is chosen for the community to read and discuss. Past events included an author visit, a luncheon, and a play at the McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- Financial support for library materials and programs
- Children’s Summer Reading Program support
- Cultural and literary programs for adults
- Join the Friends of the McKinney Public Library and Become a Book Buddy!
- What: Youth Membership of the Friends of the McKinney Public Library
- Who: Children ages 0 to 11
- Why: Designed to encourage early literacy and support the Library
- Sling bag filled with fun items, including a Reading Rubber Ducky, I Love Reading Friendship Bracelet, Notepad and Sticker as well as a Reading Strategies Bookmark
- Birthday Card
- Bi-Annual Newsletter to Parents
- $10 annual membership for each child (calendar year)
- Membership Form
- Reviews will be at the Hall Library downtown due to upcoming construction of the addition to the JJGL library.
- All programs are free of charge, with refreshments provided.
|April 15, 7 p.m.||Hall||Book Review by Janice Byrd: A Gentleman in Moscow. Wealthy Count Alexander Rostov is sentenced to house arrest in Moscow’s luxurious Metropol Hotel in 1922.|
|May 20, 7 p.m.||Hall||Book Review by Rosemary Rumbley: “I was a depression baby, but I was never depressed.” Rosemary Rumbley recounts her experiences in Depression-era Dallas.|
|August 19, 7 p.m.||Hall||Book Review by Nella Philips: Hank and Jim.|
|September 16, 7 p.m.||Hall||George Morgan, author of Rocket Girl.|
|October 21, 7 p.m.||Hall||Book Review Susan Boone: The Other Alcott.|
What Do the Friends Do?
- As an Active Friend, you can support the library by volunteering to plan projects or events.
- Or you can choose to be a Silent Partner who supports the group with a membership payment. Your membership supplies the extra funds our library needs to continue to be a valuable asset to our community.
- You can also show your support by purchasing a Friends Book Bag for $10. These are available at the library circulation desks.
- You can also support the library by sponsoring a major library event.
- Check out our new Facebook page.
How Do I Join?
It's easy! Just print and fill out the membership application. Applications with envelopes are also available at the circulation desks at both libraries. Mail the completed form to the address below with your dues payment or return it in person to either McKinney library.
|Membership Level||Membership Dues|
Please make checks payable to, and mail to:
Friends of McKinney Libraries
101 E. Hunt St.
McKinney, TX 75069
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.