Friends of McKinney Libraries
Who Are the Friends?
The Friends of McKinney Libraries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization whose mission is to support the library system and enrich the community by providing cultural and life-long learning opportunities.
Programs Sponsored by the Friends
- Read Across McKinney - The Friends are instrumental in planning this community project in which a book is chosen for the community to read and discuss. Past events included an author visit, a luncheon, and a play at the McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- Financial support for library materials and programs
- Children’s Summer Reading Program support
- Cultural and literary programs for adults
- Join the Friends of the McKinney Public Library and Become a Book Buddy!
- What: Youth Membership of the Friends of the McKinney Public Library
- Who: Children ages 0 to 11
- Why: Designed to encourage early literacy and support the Library
- Sling bag filled with fun items, including a Reading Rubber Ducky, I Love Reading Friendship Bracelet, Notepad and Sticker as well as a Reading Strategies Bookmark
- Birthday Card
- Bi-Annual Newsletter to Parents
- $10 annual membership for each child (calendar year)
- Membership Form
- Reviews will be at the Hall Library downtown due to upcoming construction of the addition to the JJGL library.
- All programs are free of charge, with refreshments provided.
|August 19, 7 p.m.||Hall|
Professional reviewer Nella Philips reviews Hank and Jim: The Fifty Year Friendship of
Henry Fonda and James Stewart.
|September 16, 7 p.m.||Hall|
Author George Morgan reviews Rocket Girl,
the story of his mother, Mary Sherman Morgan, America’s first female rocket scientist.
|October 21, 7 p.m.||Hall|
Professional reviewer Susan Boone reviews The Other Alcott. The story of Louisa May Alcott’s sister, and the model for Little Women’s Amy, May Alcott is a dedicated and talented artist who faces scorn for entering “a man’s profession.”
|December 16, 7 p.m.||Hall|
Professional reviewer Nancy Ashley reviews Christmas with the First Ladies. The decorating traditions of our most beloved First Ladies.
What Do the Friends Do?
- As an Active Friend, you can support the library by volunteering to plan projects or events.
- Or you can choose to be a Silent Partner who supports the group with a membership payment. Your membership supplies the extra funds our library needs to continue to be a valuable asset to our community.
- You can also show your support by purchasing a Friends Book Bag for $10. These are available at the library circulation desks.
- You can also support the library by sponsoring a major library event.
- Check out our new Facebook page.
How Do I Join?
It's easy! Just print and fill out the membership application. Applications with envelopes are also available at the circulation desks at both libraries. Mail the completed form to the address below with your dues payment or return it in person to either McKinney library.
|Membership Level||Membership Dues|
Please make checks payable to, and mail to:
Friends of McKinney Libraries
101 E. Hunt St.
McKinney, TX 75069
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.