Friends of McKinney Libraries
Who Are the Friends?
The Friends of McKinney Libraries is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization whose mission is to support the library system and enrich the community by providing cultural and life-long learning opportunities.
Programs Sponsored by the Friends
- Read Across McKinney - The Friends are instrumental in planning this community project in which a book is chosen for the community to read and discuss. Past events included an author visit, a luncheon, and a play at the McKinney Performing Arts Center.
- Financial support for library materials and programs
- Children’s Summer Reading Program support
- Cultural and literary programs for adults
- Join the Friends of the McKinney Public Library and Become a Book Buddy!
- What: Youth Membership of the Friends of the McKinney Public Library
- Who: Children ages 0 to 11
- Why: Designed to encourage early literacy and support the Library
- Sling bag filled with fun items, including a Reading Rubber Ducky, I Love Reading Friendship Bracelet, Notepad and Sticker as well as a Reading Strategies Bookmark
- Birthday Card
- Bi-Annual Newsletter to Parents
- $15 annual membership for each child (calendar year)
- or $10 each if a parent joins as an Adult Friend
- November 26, 2018, 7 p.m. at JJGL: Jackie Payne presents The Stories Behind the Greatest Hits of Christmas. You know these songs by heart. They’re the “greatest hits” of Christmas. But do you know the fascinating, inspirational stories behind them - who wrote them and how they came to be? Accompanying herself on the keyboard, professional reviewer Jackie Payne will get you in the mood to Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas!
- December 17, 2018, 7 p.m. at Hall: Janice Byrd presents The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever follows the outrageous shenanigans of the Herdman siblings, or “the worst kids in the history of the world.”
All programs are free of charge, with refreshments provided.
What Do the Friends Do?
- As an Active Friend, you can support the library by volunteering to plan projects or events.
- Or you can choose to be a Silent Partner who supports the group with a membership payment. Your membership supplies the extra funds our library needs to continue to be a valuable asset to our community.
- You can also show your support by purchasing a Friends Book Bag for $10. These are available at the library circulation desks.
- You can also support the library by sponsoring a major library event.
How Do I Join?
It's easy! Just print and fill out the membership application. Applications with envelopes are also available at the circulation desks at both libraries. Mail the completed form to the address below with your dues payment or return it in person to either McKinney library. You can also join online through Network for Good. The minimum online donation is $10.
|Membership Level||Membership Dues|
|Lifetime Family Friend||$350|
Please make checks payable to, and mail to:
Friends of McKinney Libraries
101 E. Hunt St.
McKinney, TX 75069
Network for Good is the charity that processes your online donation and supports the convenience of online giving to the Friends. It relies on at least 5% added to each donation to ensure 100% of your donation is passed on to the Friends of McKinney Libraries.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com