Volunteering at the Library
The McKinney Public Library System welcomes volunteers! Volunteers may help with shelving, shelf reading, shelf maintenance, projects, program help, or other duties.
Volunteers in the 6th-12th grades
- These volunteers can assist with teen programs and other teen-related duties through our VolunTEENS Program.
Volunteers 15 Years of Age and Over
- Volunteers 15 years of age and over can assist with all library programs and duties. These applicants need to create an account at McKinney.Voly.org. Logon to find volunteer opportunities:
- Selected applicants will be interviewed for the position for which they have applied. Due to limited availability, please note that we cannot guarantee volunteer hours. The McKinney Volunteer Policy requires criminal background checks on volunteers 15 years of age and older.
- Questions? Fill out our contact form and we'll get back to you soon.
- For more information, please consult the Volunteer Handbook.
Court-Ordered Community Service Opportunities
- The McKinney Public Library regrets that it cannot accept court-ordered community service volunteers. See the list of local agencies that accept this requirement. Each agency has its own criteria on who it will accept as court-ordered volunteers.