Helen Gibbard Hall Genealogy & Local History Center
Research your family's history using our collection of local, national & international records and access online resources. We also offer classes throughout the year for researchers of all experience levels.
Jump to Topic
- Visual Guide to the Collection
- Microfilm Holdings
- Collin County Collection Annotated Bibliography
- Oral History Recordings
- McKinney Digital History
- Researching Your House
- Researching Your House - Reference Books in the Library
- Subscribe to our Genealogy Newsletter.
The collection also includes historical maps of McKinney, Collin County, regional areas and other areas.
We welcome family histories and other historical donations. Please feel free to drop these off at the Roy & Helen Hall Memorial Library, 101 East Hunt Street.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors
- Collin County Clerk's Office Genealogy Corner
- Collin County Historical Asset Map
- Collin County Historical Commission
- Collin County, Texas History
- Cyndi’s List
- Family Search
- Handbook of Texas
- McKinney Historic Photos
- McKinney Saloon Walking Tour
- National Archives and Records Administration
- Old McKinney Scenes
- Portal to Texas History
- Texas State Library and Archives
- U.S. GenWeb Project
- Ancestry Library Edition - Ancestry.com - Available only onsite at McKinney Public Library locations. Resources for the family researcher, including U.S. Census, Social Security Death Index, and birth, marriage and death records
- HeritageQuest Online - Available at the library and remotely. Billions of census records, family histories, military and bank records, and access to Periodical Source Index Archive. Available through TexShare; call the library at 972-547-7323 for login access.
- Newspapers.com - World Collection - Available at the library and remotely. Search historical newspapers (1700s–2000s) from across the United States and beyond. Explore newspaper articles and clippings for help with genealogy, history and other research. Logon with your library card number.