All visitors ages 10 years and older must wear a face covering when visiting the Libraries.
Library eCard Program
- Library cards are available free of charge to all Collin County residents. You may register for a library card by completing the online library card application form.
- The eCard will be valid for 1 month pending further COVID-19-related reassessments.
- Once the library has reopened to the public we encourage you to come by and pick up a physical card allowing you access to all of library physical and digital resources.
- In the meantime, your eCard number gives you access to numerous electronic resources, including cloudLibrary, Universal Class, and much more.
- Forgot your password?
Library Card Renewals
Every two years cards need to be renewed to verify contact information. If you receive a renewal email or text message send us an email or call 972-547-7323.
How to Get a Library Card
- Library cards are available free of charge to all Collin County residents with picture identification (for example, a driver’s license) that shows proof of residence. (If you are not current on your driver’s license, you may bring in a current utility bill, etc.)
- Individuals 16 years of age and older may register for a library card by completing a library card application form and by presenting identification and proof of current address. Library cards are free to Collin County residents, current City of McKinney employees and owners of businesses in McKinney.
- Those 15 years of age and younger must have their library-card-holding parent / guardian present to receive a library card. A juvenile of any age may apply for a library card. The adult is responsible for any materials checked out by the juvenile.
- 16- and 17-year-olds without their own state-issued ID may obtain a card if their parent / guardian has a library card. The parent’s ID may be used for verification of address.
If you meet the above criteria, you can self-register for a library card through our library catalog’s self-registration page:
- Please choose a home library (the default branch for your requests and holds of library items) and fill out all requested information.
- To complete the registration process, please visit the circulation desk of either McKinney Public Library branch and present your picture identification and proof of residence.
A TexShare Card allows you to have direct access to books and other library materials that are not available from within the McKinney Public Library System. The TexShare card is a privilege for those who have demonstrated a pattern of responsible library usage. Please read the McKinney Public Library System TexShare Card Lending Policy for more information.
Cards for Out-of-County Residents
Out-of-county residents may obtain a library card for an annual fee of $10 per individual and $18 per family.