Adult Computer Classes, Fall 2018
Free Basic Skills Classes at the Hall Library, Saturdays, 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- Basic Computer Skills, Saturday, September 15
- E-mail and Internet Skills, Saturday, September 29
- Basic Word, Saturday, October 13
- Basic Excel, Saturday, October 27
Basics Classes - Student Information
- Please sign in when you arrive in class.
- Class is limited to 10 students.
- Students will learn to access and use the Hoonuit website for computer education.
- We recommend that students have or obtain a McKinney Public Library card and know the password for the card. This allows students to register with Atomic Training and continue to use the courses at home or elsewhere.
- The library supplies computers for use during classes.
- If you own a laptop, you are encouraged to bring it. Learning on your own personal device is recommended.
- Any questions or comments? Please contact Larry by email or at 972-547-7339.
Adult Coding Course at John & Judy Gay Library, Wednesdays, 6:30-7 p.m.
- This program is for those who want an introduction to coding with HTML/CSS or SQL. Each week will build on the previous week, so a commitment to all five sessions is encouraged. Laptop computers will be available or you may bring your personal laptop.
- HTML/CSS (Sept. 12, 19, 26; Oct. 3, 10)
- SQL (Oct. 17, 24, 31; Nov. 7, 14)
Resources for Developing Computer Skills
- LearningExpress Library offers free, easy-to-use computer tutorials on computer basics, beginning internet, email, social media tools, computer graphics, Windows and Mac systems, Microsoft Office and more.
- Hoonuit is a video-based how-to training resource with thousands of short videos covering more than 500 of today's most popular software applications on both PCs and Macs. Includes all the latest offerings from Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, Google and more.
- Universal Class - More than 500 lifelong learning courses in over 30 subject areas, including 50 online courses in computer training. On first use, register with your library card number to create your personal logon credentials. More info