Voters will elect At-Large City Council member in Jan. 15 Special Election
Voters in McKinney will elect one of two At-Large City Council members in a Special Election on Saturday, Jan. 15. Early voting takes place from Dec. 29–Jan. 11, except Dec. 31, and Jan. 1–2. All McKinney voters can vote for the representative for the At Large position.
- John & Judy Gay Library, 6861 Eldorado Pkwy.
- McKinney Fire Station #5, 6600 Virginia Pkwy.
- McKinney Fire Station #9, 4900 Summit View Dr.
- Old Settler’s Recreation Center, 1201 E. Louisiana St.
- Collin County Election Office, 2010 Redbud Blvd., Ste. 102
The At-Large Council seat was vacated when Council Member Frederick Frazier announced his candidacy to run for a state House Representative seat. Because his term has more than one year remaining, state law requires his replacement to be elected rather than appointed. He will continue service until a replacement member is determined. The newly-elected representative will serve the remainder of the term until 2023.
For more information about elections, contact the City Secretary office at 972-547-7505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For voting information, polling locations and hours, City Council districts, visit McKinneyTexas.org/Vote.