Partner organization agree to adopt-a-park for one year and provide clean ups on a minimum once monthly basis. Each organization must provide a roster of participants. Waivers must be signed and sent to Environmental Education by all participants, parents/legal guardians must sign waivers for minor children. The safety of participants is our main priority. We recommend children participants be accompanied by a minor with an ideal ratio of no more than 10:1. Participants should wear proper clothing and footwear, insect repellent, sun block, and a hat.
Partnership commitment includes
- Cleaning up parks a minimum of once a month a year
- Picking up litter in the lawn, on sidewalks and parking lots using trash and recycle bags provided
- place tied bags near trash cans for park maintenance staff to collect
- Reporting clean up results to the survey on Adopt-a-Park website
- pulling weeds from gardens is optional
Immediately report: safety hazards, graffiti, and heavy items to Tim White at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leader Name for Partner Organization
School, church, HOA
First and Last Name
The City will provide each partner organization with an Adopt-A-Park Kit. Kit will include:
gloves for children and/or adults
trash and recycling bags
and basic first aid supplies
We recommend collecting gloves from all participants after clean up and storing in kit for use on an ongoing basis. Partner organizations can obtain supplies from the Environmental Education office.
Martha Cavazos-Fipps, Environmental Education Coordinator
1550 S. College St, Building D
(Check all the apply)
The city will furnish and install and Adopt-A-Park sign (24"x12") with the Partner Organization's name to be displayed at the park entrance after the third month of participation.
There are additional projects available for your group. For those projects Environmental Education will need to be contacted for pre-approval from the city prior to the project being started.
Examples of projects include:
- Painting park benches, picnic tables, and playground equipment
- Mulching gardens
- Requesting additional trash cans
- planting and watering trees and flowers
First and Last
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field